Joining Us Is Making A Difference And Help Build A Community Of Peace!
Training may be completed within 3 months of being accepted as a volunteer.
Hours: You must be able to work at least 3 hours in a shift: Monday-Friday 9 am – 7 pm
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Hotline Phone Calls: Provides crisis intervention counseling, completes shelter intakes and/or provides appropriate referrals. (Emergency Shelter only)
Child Care/Kids Club: Provides age-appropriate activities and supervision for children.
Support/Educational Group Co-Facilitation: Provides support and knowledge on varying topics including domestic violence, self-esteem, life skills, & parenting.
Documentation: Data input during hotline calls and/or case management notes.
SECONDARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Distributes clothing & personal items to clients as needed.
• Follows and implements security procedures.
• Files child abuse reports as needed.
• Organizing and sorting donations.
• Additional duties and special projects may be assigned as necessary.
POSITION: FIX-IT PERSON FOR LIGHT MAINTENANCE WORK
Hours: Flexible, Weekdays and Weekends
Site Maintenance: Light Fix-It Projects, Painting, Electrical, Plumbing, Moving Furniture
Organization & Sorting: Organizes donations including food and clothing
POSITION: FUNDRAISER and/or OUTREACH VOLUNTEER
Hours: As-Needed, Flexible, Weekdays and Weekends
Outreach: Represent Su Casa at various community events including health fairs, fundraisers, and educational events. Share information about Su Casa’s services with community members and engage the public in a dialogue about domestic violence. Hours vary and many events are on the weekend.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS
2. Desirable qualification if working with survivors: Bilingual: English/Spanish.
3. Possess good written and oral communication skills.
4. Possess computer knowledge and skills. (Counselor-Advocates only)
7. Ability to work as a team member and have good interpersonal skills. However, sometimes you will work alone so you must have the ability to take initiative and work independently and productively with minimal supervision.
8. Sensitivity to victim’s issues and needs.
9. Has not been a resident of Su Casa or any other domestic violence shelter nor been in an abusive relationship for the past 12 months. Additional time may be recommended to allow for healing.
10. Clear state and FBI criminal background check.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (562) 421-6537
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE INFORMATION: To comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws insuring equal opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, reasonable accommodations are made for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability unless an undue hardship, direct threat to health and safety or other job related consideration exists.
Download Volunteer Application
We Need Your Support
Your donation will make sure Su Casa will always be there for those who are in need. If you are unable to volunteer but still want to support Su Casa, consider offering a donation below.
Latest News & Events
Su Casa recently received a unique donation… 1,000 pair of socks! The socks were donated by the clothing manufacturer Bombas. We received socks in all sizes to fit young children, women, and adults. This is such an important donation as so many of our participants...
These are unprecedented times. The Covid-19 Pandemic has changed life for all of us. Su Casa continues to provide shelter for those who are fleeing an abusive relationship. We have quickly made changes that will enable us to fulfil our mission of providing safety and...
Lakewood As the city of Lakewood celebrated it's 65th anniversary, the city council wanted to recognize 21 community service groups and organizations which have made a significant impact on the Lakewood community. On February 10, Su Casa was honored to be included in...
Our Support To Those In Need
FISCAL YEAR 2018 - 2019
Bed Nights Utilized
children's counseling sessions
client's through Walk In Resource Center
client's receiving emergency food & clothing
client's receiving Criminal Justice & Social Service advocacy
Years of support
Help Support Su Casa
Your donation will make sure Su Casa will always be there for those who need us the most.
Get In Touch